Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Assessment

I feel that in considering the type of assessment to use, it is important to look at the purpose.
Assessment of Learning, which is summative, is what we do in tests and exams. I would say that this is important to prepare the students for the national exams. 
However, I u
se assessment for learning more in class as a form of formative assessment- to check on what the students know and can do, and to clarify any confusions, preconceptions, or gaps they might have. I have used Kahoot and also questioning in class for that purpose. I find that useful as it motivates students and enhance their commitment to learning. 
Assessment as learning is more challenging - demanding a certain level of maturity and high level of self-directedness. I remembered giving this assignment in which students go through a decision making quiz (or game as it was called on the site) and questioning their own thinking which they posted on padlet. I have embedded it here if you would like to take a look:


https://sites.google.com/a/moe.edu.sg/sec-4-geography/global-tourism/gt-kq3-lesson-3



No comments:

Post a Comment